In order to provide you with proper insurance coverage it is necessary to collect and disclose certain personal information. To us, protecting your privacy is just as important as providing you with great products and services. The following outlines our policy policy.
Personal Information We Collect:
Hudson & Muma, Inc. only collects personal information when it is necessary to conduct the business of insurance and maximize our ability to communicate properly. We limit the collection of personal information to what we reasonably believe is necessary to administer your account, or what our underlying carriers require for underwriting purposes. As a result we collect information from the following sources:
- Personal information you share with us directly such as the information contained on the application or other forms you complete.
- Personal information you provide or which is obtained in the process of handling a claim.
- Personal information about you from your transactions with us such as the number of years insured or the types of coverage purchased.
- Personal information about you from a consumer-reporting agency, such as a credit report or a motor vehicle report.
Personal Information We May Disclose To Third Parties:
For underwriting purposes or the purpose of placing your insurance coverage with the proper carrier, we may disclose the following types of information about you:
- Information you disclose on your application or other forms for the purpose of obtaining insurance quotations, proposals or other policy or claim administration.
- Information about the transactions you have with us such as policy coverage, premiums, claim history or payment history.
- Information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency.
- We do not disclose any nonpublic information about our customers to anyone except as permitted by law.
Hudson & Muma, Inc. Policy and Practices Regarding Security of Personal Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to use that information in order to provide products and services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with Federal and State Laws to protect your personal information.
Reservation of Right to Disclose Information in Unforeseen Circumstances
In an unforeseen event such as the sale or transfer of its interests, Hudson & Muma, Inc. Insurance Agency, Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to sell or transfer your information, including but not limited to your name, address, age, sex, zip code and other information you provided to us. This information would only be disclosed to a third party entity that signed a confidentiality agreement, is in a similar practice or service and agrees to abide by the obligations of this privacy statement.